Friday, April 13, 2012

I bought Jump Rope

Uploaded on Razzi.me
Today I bought a pair of Jump Rope. You use "a pair" to describe a Jump Rope right...?
Anyway, have decided to get one so I can skip in the free time and when I'm lazy to go for a jog, really gotta lose the extras. So, I bought it, the rope was too long, and I have to shorten it, and then I thought... it's not hard, but there may be people who don't know how to shorten it, yes, that very minority of them.
So I thought I'll take pictures of how I shorten it, and post here... I know there'll be people who think, "it's so easy, com'on!" But I just feel like doing it. So here goes~

Uploaded on Razzi.me
So the one I got is a Jump Rope by Kettler, I've work in a sports equipment shop before, most jump rope handle works the same, so look at the base of the handle, you'll see a cap. remove it.
Uploaded on Razzi.me

Uploaded on Razzi.me
after removing the cap, you'll see the rope inside, just extend it out.
Uploaded on Razzi.me
they usually have a knob thingy that "lock" the rope so it'll stop at a range/length at the hole of the handle, uh... hope you get what I mean.
Uploaded on Razzi.me
for this case, you see there's two pieces of whatever you call it... the inner piece is to lock on to the rope, the outer piece is to hole the lock in place so it won't come loose.
Uploaded on Razzi.me
so you remove that piece that holds the lock...
Uploaded on Razzi.me
this thing. there's a sharp thing on it that kinda pierce onto the rubber rope, so you loosen it...
Uploaded on Razzi.me
and pull it down further to shorten the rope length, pull it up to lengthen.
Uploaded on Razzi.me
after you're done pulling, lock it with the cover.
Uploaded on Razzi.me

Uploaded on Razzi.me
done? slot it back into the handle.
Uploaded on Razzi.me
excessive rope too long? bend it.
Uploaded on Razzi.me

Uploaded on Razzi.me
slot it in, and close it back with the cover.
Uploaded on Razzi.me

Uploaded on Razzi.me
Done~
Now you can go skip!

3 comments:

  1. i am thinking about buying a jump rope and i was curious about the length, thanx a lot for the tips :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long was the rope originally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply, and apologies I forgot about it.... :/

      Delete